Thursday, January 28, 2010

Catch the Dream!


“I had a friend I’d go skateboarding with. He was American, actually. Jason. He came to Japan to get rich. Jason was always asking me, ‘Do you know any kind of new business I could get into?’ What did I know? I was in high school. All I knew about was skateboarding, so I said, ‘You could make a skateboarding video and sell it.’ I mean, as if! Some crappy video of us skateboarding, who’s going to buy that? But he was like, ‘OK, let’s do it!’ And he went and bought a video camera and there he was, the next day, filming. He was like, if you get an idea, do it, right away! Now he’s got a bakery and a whole bunch of mobile bread shops. Trucks that drive around town selling bread. He taught me to walk the talk. If it weren’t for him, I’d still be in the same place now as I was six years ago, saying, ‘Yeah, wouldn’t it be cool to have a café.’”

Takao Yamasaki, the unlikely restaurateur. Read rest of his column here.

No comments:

Post a Comment