Monday, November 23, 2009

Blue Velvet and Green Nails

Over the weekend...

I got a haircut (trying out a fringe for the first time since my mum stopped cutting my hair, eek!)


(this is sortof what my hair looks like now, no really....actually it's sortof what I wished my hair looked like, with the fringe and the tendrils but minus the cool, for now, until I figure it out, or so I hope, err....)

(picture from here)

A great mint green manicure (I love Jade but the best part of Chanel's F/W2009 collection was to me the nail polish, rest of the jade inspired renditions was a little bit mehh)


(picture from style)

Went for a baby shower where my new favourite vintage hairpiece made its debut

(from this great etsy seller)

Had dim sum with champagne (absolutely divine combination)


and turned 31.

(picture from here)

Growing up, I always thought I was a bit of an old soul and liked to tell people my head and heart were actually in their 30s although I was then 1_/2_. But now that I am 31, it just seems precocious and a little laughable.

I acknowledge that I still do not have all the answers and there are many more unfulfilled longings and dreams. But the beauty of being 31, to me at least, is that now I feel it's fine to try, to fail, to fall flat and still laugh out loud. And fashion should be all about having fun. So blunt fringe, green nails and blue velvet in my hair? Bring it on :)

(picture from here)

No comments:

Post a Comment